If you are experiencing a health challenge you can choose to look at it as an opportunity to make any necessary, positive changes in your life that your body is guiding you to make. Taking this type of approach will assist you with empowering your health. Releasing the resistance to the natural flow of well-being within is key. Well-being is always available because you are always connected to Source Energy within. Healing happens within and through you rather than externally. Healing is alignment with well-being.
The following are a few methods that support the natural flow of healing within.
1. Live In The Present Moment. Do your best to remain in the present moment. The NOW moment is where you will ever be in any given time so place your attention here. This will help to release any worries about the future and keep from being stuck in the past. Focussing on your breath, quieting the mind, being aware of the ever-flowing energy of Source within, will instantly bring you clarity of mind and keep you in the present moment. Taking several moments to focus on your breath and stilling the mind throughout your day, especially when any tension arises, will bring you to your place of power within.
2. Envision your body having optimal health right now. Whatever your current state of health, visualize/imagine exactly how you want it to be and how you want to FEEL. Make this your focus. For example, if you are currently experiencing any pain, visualize and allow yourself to FEEL what it would be like for your whole body to be relaxed without any pain or discomfort. Or if mobility is an issue, visualize yourself doing an activity that you love, moving with complete ease and comfort. And again FEEL how it would be like to be doing these things and the great joy and sense of freedom it would bring you. What are other feelings that you’d experience if you no longer had the health condition?
It is the FEELING aspect that it is most important because it is our feelings that create our experiences. Taking a few minutes a day to sit quietly/meditate and visualize and FEEL your body functioning optimally is such a powerful exercise. If there is a specific organ that is experiencing distress, bring your inner attention to that area and visualize it working optimally right now like there was never a problem there. Interestingly, the subconscious mind does not know the difference between what is real and what is imagined. So this again points out the power on doing such an exercise regularly. Visualize all the cells of your body in perfect health. Visualize/intend that each of your cells is being infused with LOVE.
If you are concerned about the health of another person, you would do the same thing, but visualize him/her how you would want to see that person and the health condition already healed.
3. Release any beliefs that are not in alignment with the Truth of who you are. In Truth, you are One with Source Energy which is all-powerful and you have all resources within. If you feel helpless or like a victim because the health condition is genetic or notice that you are blaming another for your health or happiness then you are giving away your power. This could also be a subconscious deservability issue in that you may feel you don’t deserve optimal health because it runs in the family. With such health conditions, often times it is actually the emotional/mental pattern of a condition that is passed on through the generations. For example, you may share the same tendency to worry, over-analyze, or deal with stress in the same manner as your parents. However, by shifting the pattern, the physical manifestation will automatically be shifted as well. If you do have any such beliefs simply let them go. Ask your inner self to help you to release these beliefs permanently. It is important to return the focus back to you and choose what brings you the most peace.
4. Be aware of what you tell yourself and others about your health. The physical body responds to everything that you think and say about yourself. The body is made up of about 70% water and easily absorbs the messages/vibrations that it receives. Be mindful of what messages you are giving your body. Just observe, without any self-judgement, the thoughts that arise in your mind and the words you speak, and then simply choose to let go of those that are not nurturing. Instead choose those that are loving, supportive, and nurturing to your health/well-being. It is important to just observe and stay detached from them as they are only thoughts and not who you are. As such, they can be released/changed.
Sometimes a person may develop a strong attachment to a health condition and make it part of his/her identity. In such a case, rather than seeing the condition as something they are currently experiencing, they think of it as something that they are. This can create a sense of hopelessness/disempowerment. It is also important to be mindful of what one states aloud and as a result is reinforcing about one's health. Thinking and speaking about how you want your health to be, rather than on what it is you don't want, gives the body a totally different message that promotes positive change and healing support. It promotes the natural flow of well-being within rather than resisting/blocking the possibility of healing with limiting beliefs.
Nourish your body with uplifting, positive thoughts and statements so that it knows that you are now open to improved health/well-being and solutions. This will automatically shift/raise the vibrational frequency of your thoughts and mind and open the door to healthy change. Take a moment each day to bless your body. Give thanks to your body for being the temple for your beautiful and divine spirit. Thank it for all that it does and supporting you on your life’s journey.
5. Surround yourself with positive, loving and supportive people. It is important to be around people who help to uplift your spirit and that will be supportive of any healthy and positive changes you are making in your life. It is also perfectly fine to take more quiet time for yourself as needed. As you continue to grow and move forward on your path, your ideas and beliefs may often change along the way. Therefore, you may feel that certain situations, people, or places no longer resonate with your new ways of being. This is all normal and part of the process. Allow those things that are no longer resonating with you to simply fall away. This will then automatically create an energetic space in which new opportunities, people, and situations that are a match for your new vibration to enter your life.
6. Have an attitude of gratitude each day. When you first awake in the morning, take a few moments to give thanks for all the blessings in your life. For example, as you lay in bed be thankful for the simple things like the fresh air you are breathing and your comfy bed. Be grateful for your life, knowing that you have the power within to create the reality you wish to experience. Think of a few things and throughout the day try to stay in an attitude of gratitude. Gratitude has the same vibration as love. And when you can focus on the good things as they arise, then your inner spirit/universe will bring you even more such things that give you joy, pleasure and that which you are grateful for.
Always be gentle, kind, and loving to yourself!
"Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives."
~ Louise Hay
Peace and blessings,